Monday 26 July 2010

Fabrics for our summer project

My 7-year-old and I were planning to make pretty dresses for her and her tiny sister last summer. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes during the first week of the summer holidays and spent a week in hospital and the rest of the holidays adjusting, recovering and learning how to deal with her condition.

This summer we are DETERMINED to make them, and we'll keep you up to date with our progress.

Here are the fabrics we have chosen.

Tiny girl is having pink ...


Big girl is having red ...


We're using the Feliz dress pattern by Farbenmix and adding a few ruffles at the back of the underdress.

Watch this space!!

4 comments:

  1. I am also sewing the Feliz dress! what a coincidence. I bought the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love and have made the Dortje trousers and now the Feliz is in progress. Just finished the ruffles for the back. So cute and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book too. I'm about to trace the Imke t-shirt pattern and make my son one, because he's jealous that the girls have had new clothes made by Mummy, and he doesn't have anything.

    Concentrate hard on the Feliz pattern! Even though I had successfully sewn one, I managed to make a huge mistake on the second one and had to re-do a whole lot (I sewed the sash on the outside of the overdress instead of the inside!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops on the sash- I am taking it slow. Just finished all the ruffles- about to add elastic- but I am afraid it is going to be too big, lol. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete