Thursday 29 January 2009

More Progress on the Quilt

I don't have a square ruler, so I used a different method to square up my blocks. I made a square 3.5" x 3.5", with a diagonal line across it, put this on each square, with the line along the line in the centre of the square and trimmed off any bits of fabric that stuck out.






























It's starting to look nice when I put the pinwheels together. Can't wait to sew these together.






































I have another 20 blocks to neaten before I can start step 5.

5 comments:

  1. OMG Kei, I love the fabrics you've chosen! This is looking SOOO good. I can't wait to see it when you get to step 7!
    ~Shelly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so cute Kei!! Your pinwheels look perfect! Seriously! I'm so glad that paper method worked, too. Good thinking!

    Kim :)
    (YCMT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics are so nice and bright-they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your fabrics are so cute! i did not actually square my triangle squares at all..i just matched at the diagonals and sewed the pinwheels. some of them are wonky, but its a scrap quilt and so i'm not that worried. now to square up to 6", i will definitely use a cardboard template..thanks for the idea.
    jaya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kei!
    Good news -- the final steps (of the quilt top) are posted on the new blog - http://www.youcanmakethis.com/blog Then we'll move on to the quilting part. :) Thanks for being a part of it!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete